[WWYC] WWYC Meeting - Croatia 2004 ????

Hrvoje Horvat hrle at ipazin.net
Tue Nov 11 14:22:13 EST 2003

Hey folks,
those of you that spent a lot of your time on #wwyc are pretty much informed
about the possible WWYC Meeting in Croatia next summer.
So far I've got pretty nice number of WWYCers seriously interested so I'd
like to give out some things for all of you to consider and then we'll have
to decide on what level we should do it. In any case this meeting will
happen - it's just the matter of how many of you will participate this
event - as many the better will be.

Here it is how the general idea sounds:
Date: 21. - 26. July 2004.

Wednesday 21st July:
- Sort of formal opening in the afternoon
- Presentations
- Party

Thursday 22nd July:
- Possible US licence exams in the morning (if we get 3 VEs)
- Presentations
- Party

Friday 23rd July:
- Small trip around Istra (sightseeing + fun on the coast -> spending
afternoon on the beach) for those that will be less involved into IOTA
organizing
- People seriously interested in IOTA will handle all the remaining problems
and depart to some IOTA (we have 2 close possibilities for IOTA - EU110 and
EU136 so there's of course an option of 2 nice teams + drinking supporters).
- If people are not tired - party!

Saturday 24th:
- We'll all find a place on the near islands under the sun, operating,
having fun....
- Those that will be interested will be able to try a night life in Croatia
(since Saturday is the most crowded day for that)...

Sunday 25th:
- Getting all back to our HQ and having a final party/closing ceremony

Monday 26th:
- Departure....

Accomodation possibilities:
- there is a lot of possibilites for accomodation in this region (since it's
touristic region) so you'll be able to choose; staying where all WWYCers are
staying (we'll try to find a place for less or about 15 euros a day - maybe
even a "free" accomodation - this will be our main goal) or your own place
where the prizes are much higher (30 and more euros per person a day).

Food:
- we'll of course try to organize something

Where are we?!
- www.istra.com   - this site tells you everything you need to know about
our region

Routes to Istra, Croatia:

- there's only one larger airport (about 40km from the possible meeting
place) - Pula and also you can search for Zagreb (200 km from here and
afterward the bus prize is around 20 euros to reach us)
- Since there is some people interested in flying into 9A (the guys from
northern countries) you can consider reaching some nearby countries (S5,
Ljubljana, I, Venice, OE, Klagenfurt). Around all of this cities we have a
WWYCers that can help you finding the best route to 9A.
- There are cheap bus lines going to Croatia (with tourists) just about
anything, for example pretty long route from Frankfurt - Pula (DJ1YFK's last
years route) was about 120 euros only (both ways included) and yes Fab
survived the trip.
- Another choice can be joining some team that is going to 9A for IOTA (and
there is plenty of such), SP5HNK travelled last year into 9A with HA guys.

So, I except WWYC reached the serious level where at least 30 WWYCers can
meet... goal: 10% of the Club should meet in the meeting.

Here is the list of seriously interested people, so far I mainly talked with
guys from longer routes (local WWYCers from 9A or S5 can reach this very
easly):
DJ1YFK, DL1ELY, DH1TW, LA6FJA, OE8CIQ, OE8YDQ, HA3LN, M0BLF, G0MTN, M0GMT,
SP5HNK, HA3LN, N4YDU, KE9R, OH1NOA (old fart), S51TA...... local WWYCers
like 9A5AEI, 9A6NDX and 9A8MM (ex. 9A6NPM) are hot for making this come true
plus I expect to see other people in this area that were here last summer;
YT7AW, HA1AG, S56A, OK1QM....

I'm waiting for furder replies and serious talks about this!

Thanks for reading and get on to do this, we have enough time!

73 de Hrle, 9A6XX
http://rkp.ice.hr/hrle/