[WWYC] EU Sprint SSB M0BLF/P

Dominic Smith dom at domsmith.co.uk
Sun Oct 5 01:08:27 EDT 2003

EU Autumn Sprint, SSB

Call: M0BLF/P
Operator(s): M0BLF
Station: G6UW

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Cambridge, JO02AF
Operating Time (hrs): 3

   80:   0       0
   40:  32       1.0
   20:  64       2.0
---------------------
Total:  96    Total Score = 96

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

First time for me in a sprint contest - takes a bit of time to get used to.

Very good on 20m and the participants behaved very well, especially given the Oceania DX contest going on lower down the band.  40m was very difficult for me because the Cambridge University shack (G6UW) only has a vertical for 40m at present and no antenna for 80m.  Could only stay on 3 hours because of a meeting about the IOTA website.

Thanks to everyone.

Equipment:
FT-1000MP
VL-1000 Linear
TM5 Multiband Yagi at 30ft
Butternut vertical on 40m at ground level
DL2NBU Sprint software