[WWYC] [GDXF] 3C0V -Annobón I. 2003

FLangner at t-online.de FLangner at t-online.de
Tue Oct 14 22:38:46 EDT 2003

Members of Team 3C0V are in good  health (!) and safe at their
respective homes.

The group has always operated with all necessary legal documents to
carry out an expedition to the Island of Annobón (Pagalu) 2003.

We have:

--Licences of individual radio operators for each member of the group.

--Written authorization from the Minister of Transportation and
Communications to visit the Island of Annobón for two weeks.

--Authorization from Malabo's Director General of Customs to carry out a
Special Temporary Importation for the import and export of the equipment
necessary for our expedition.

All this information, and the authorizations given by the Equatorial
Guiney authorities to carry out our expedition, can be seen at our
website www.tabarca.es.mn <http://www.tabarca.es.mn/>.

During our stay on the island the military authorities interrupted our
mission frequenctly in spite of the fact that we had in our possession
all neccesary permits.

During our first week there, we negotiated several times with the
Military Authorities without success. On October 3, at 10:00 GMT the
Military Authorities ordered us to stop all transmissions and
dissasemble all antennas, and we were expelled from the island in a
Russian cargo plane. We were sent to Malabo with four hours notice.

Unfortunately, we could not save most of our photographic material. We
only managed to salvage a few photos.

On October 6, two of our operators obtained authorization to leave
Malabo. The rest had to remain in the capital to resolve bureaucratic
formalities.

On October 10, EA5BYP and EA5YN left the Republic of Equatorial Guinea.

We deeply regret not having been able to fulfill the objectives of this
expedition, and are very grateful for the help given us by the
Associations, Clubs and individuals, as well as the kindness and
friendship always given us by the people of Annobón.

We do not feel free to share any additional details about what happened
in order to keep open the possiblility of future expeditions to Annobon.
We hope you understand the difficult and delicate situation we went through.

Nevertheless, we do not abandon hope of reactivating 3C0 when
circumstances improve.

A heartfelt thanks for your support.

73, ELMO team leader 3C0V--2003

[Die Teile dieser Nachricht, die nicht aus Text bestanden, wurden entfernt]

Die Nutzung von Yahoo! Groups ist Bestandteil von http://de.docs.yahoo.com/info/utos.html