[WWYC] OT3R results SOAB LP

on4ccp on4ccp at skynet.be
Mon Oct 27 20:19:21 EST 2003

Hi Youngsters,

here are my results, helping to bring Team 2 to a high score.

Some points that I detected :

+ 100W is enough to make a very big number of contacts on the higher bands.
The trick is to keep your frequency "open" by the calling stations.
+ working as a team works fine : after a few hours Hrle 9A7P was +100 qso's,
at Saturday morning he was + 200.   This works as a red piece of clothes on
a Bull.  Let's see the final result ;-)
+ N1MM soft seemed very stable !!
-  Big problem on SOAB LP : working multis.  Year after year I've big
difficulties to quit Running and go S&P.  Although continuous statistics
during the test, I cannot stop pile-ups with the USA to look for a
hard-to-work one.   Very pitty, because the impact is high an the final
score
-  New record : worked Carribean on the 40m DX windows (7.005 Mhz) .... IN
SSB !!!!   40 M become a band to test your crazy-level.  If you can listen
for 1hr, you're completely crazy ...
- the most important words after 40 hrs of contesting : sleep, dream,
bed,...

So have a look at the results (for the last time in CQWWSSB as a part of the
WWYC - or should we make an WWYC OldTimer team next year ?) :
Operator(s): ON4CCP
Station: OT3R
Class: SOAB LP
Operating Time (hrs): 48

160:     66      4       27
80:     224      7       43
40:      90     11       58
20:     458     21      69
15:     647     23      75
10:    406      23      73

Total: 1891    89      345    Total Score = 1,556,758

Team : WWYC Team 2
Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Visit our webpage :
http://www.on4ccp.com