[WWYC] 300...

Lee Volante lee at g0mtn.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Sep 8 22:47:02 EDT 2003

Hi gang,

It's very rare for me to send a post to the list (it's been a few years I
guess) but I just wanted to say well done for reaching the big 300
milestone.  Quite often you see small groups start up with a few keen
individuals, but it doesn't grow and nothing seems to happen.  Not so with
us.  Most of this success has been down to a few individuals - you know who
you are - so a big thank-you to you !

It's been great to see the newsletter come to life this year, and see some
of our European members expeditioning, or having some holidays together in
the summer.   More WWYC meets at Dayton, Friedrichshafen etc. please.  Might
we get 50 WWYCers attending the next WRTC ?  That would be great - and
probably a little scary for the "OM's"   We should have fun in the team
competitions this CQ WW season as well with so many of us now.

There are never any arguments on the reflector list.  It doesn't matter if
you win, or have a big station, or a tiny one. The most important factor is
to get on the air and enjoy contesting, make a few QSOs and post that score.
Great attitude guys !  The fact that some of our guys are very good as well
is just the icing on the cake.   It's fun to listen to 'your team' in
action, and say a quick "hello", or just read the stories after the contest
has finished.  But with 300+ now it's getting hard to remember everyone!
There's always someone to speak to on the IRC channel too.

I've got less than a year left until I reach the Hall of Fame, and it seems
for everyone that reaches 30, there are many more YMs and YLs still joining
the group.  The WWYC gets more mentions on websites and in magazines every
week, and I'm sure will continue to thrive.

Go WWYC :-)  Looking forward to welcoming the next 300 !

73,

Lee G0MTN