[WWYC] wae ssb frm ve2...

dl7fer at gmx.de dl7fer at gmx.de
Wed Sep 17 23:02:17 EDT 2003

hi there...
I joined WAE SSB from VE2AWR`s station. 100w, R5 and a trap-dipole...hard
work, really, but was fun.
Just a part time activity `cause it was not clear from the beginning how
long I was gonna stay. Finally slept at Serge`s QTH...
Result is something less then 100k which are about 270Qs/QTCs.
VE2AWR uses his own logging software (!) which is based on dbaseIV so I had
to get used to it first.
Sorry to 9A4D for the confusion during the QTC-traffic - later on it worked
fine : - )

Don`t know which contests I`ll join the upcomming months as I have plenty of
work to do at the university.  Anyway, I`ll be here until next summer and
accordingly have many occasions of joining contests.

Seems that I won`t be able to operate from z2 for the CQWWs as the next
station I could operate from was rent by Yuri, VE3DZ and all other options are
too far away, especially during winter.

BTW: I`ve been active from DL in both IOTA and WAE CW as DF0LI but omitted
to post my results on the reflector...anyway, both were just part-time
activities too so not really noteworthy. I was really busy that time `cause I moved
shortly afterwards to NA.

and just a last remark...I`m planing to travel down the US-eastcoast during
my time here, so if there`s anyone of the "eastcoasters" interested in an
eyeball-QSO I`ll be pleased to meet him.

so far...
73,
Felix, VE2/DL7FER

Getestet von Stiftung Warentest: GMX FreeMail (GUT), GMX ProMail (GUT)
(Heft 9/03 - 23 e-mail-Tarife: 6 gut, 12 befriedigend, 5 ausreichend)

Jetzt selbst kostenlos testen: http://www.gmx.net