[WWYC] WWYC - The new P5? (was something about frequency stealing)

pwillfor at abo.fi pwillfor at abo.fi
Tue Aug 24 04:26:56 EDT 2004

Jeez guys, you really know how to blow things up! I would say what most
people need, and also needed in the last Luc vs Chris fight is Cultural
knowledge. In my eyes Mike was not temprered. In my eyes neither Chris
or Luc was. IT's just that it may seem so if you don't see cultural
differences. I also used to think people from southern Europe we're hot
tempered, until I realised their ways of expressing themselves is maybe
a bit more firey than ours. Not it seems like people have the same
problem with scandinavians.

Also I am completely against it that people, who don't understand each
other start building a fire that becomes so big someone has to resign.
Have you guys ever heard of freedom of speech? In this case I don't
think anyone was flamed, as I am completely agreeing with Mike that
stealing frequencies is something that should not happen. In the case
that the stealer doesn't hear the other station is a different
circumstance, but in this case apparently the operator had to hear Mike,
before he tried to steal the freq. How can WWYC develop as a "club" if
discussions are not allowed? Something makes me think WWYC slowly
turning into P5, with the difference people are not being killed for not
being able to discuss hot topics, but every hot topic here seems to make
people disappear.

I would say, learn a bit about your friends cultures, and maybe you can
see their point-of-view, and not reading it as a flame against someone.
What we need here is to calm down, learn to know the way people discuss
matters in various parts in the world. Only that way we can call
ourselves "worldwide" for real!

just my 2 cents as I hate to see good guys leaving WWYC because of these
matters.

cheers,
Pat
oh6gdx/oj0yc