[WWYC] M0UKC cluster

Simon Pearson m0clw at ftml.net
Wed Dec 22 07:27:09 EST 2004

Hi WWYCers,

I've made some improvements to the M0UKC DX Cluster node
recently. I'll try and summarise all the changes made:

1. M0UKC has been moved to a different server with good uptimes
and minimal latency. Very reliable and fast links.

2. M0UKC now has full links to a number of other nodes for total
diversity and redundancy. This also means that you will NOT have
to set your name/QTH etc upon first login - these details will be
retrieved from my link partners.

3. Everyone now receives FULL access to M0UKC upon first login -
this means you can send spots, WWV, announcements etc. No need to
register anymore.

Please note that there have also been some address changes with
M0UKC. Please use either of the following addresses to connect to
M0UKC:

1. m0ukc.shacknet.nu (port 7376)
2. m0clw.shacknet.nu (port 7376)

If you are looking for a good application to use to connect to
M0UKC, I highly recommend a program called 'RXClus', written by
HB9BZA. You can import your computer log into RXClus so the
program will highlight NEEDED DXCC, IOTA etc. Of course, you
don't HAVE to do import your log, it works very well on its own.
RXClus can be downloaded from http://rchalmas.users.ch.

Another very good application to use to connect to M0UKC is
'PuTTY'. It is very small/easy to use, being only one file. You
can install it where you like! I even have mine on my desktop.
You can download PuTTY by clicking this link (this will download
PuTTY immediately) - http://tinyurl.com/1buv

Once you've downloaded PuTTY, use the following settings:
      Host Name: m0ukc.shacknet.nu
      Port:      7376
      Protocol:  Telnet

You can type 'M0UKC cluster' (or whatever) in the 'Saved
Sessions' box, and then click 'Save'. When you next start PuTTY,
you'll see it displayed in the box at the bottom. All you need to
do is click 'M0UKC cluster' then the 'Load' button. When you
click 'Open', the connection to M0UKC will start.

Finally, upon logging in to M0UKC there are a few commands which
may be of interest to you:
- to disable the announcements (basically spam), just do:
      unset/ann        (to re-enable them, do a 'set/ann')
- to view the 10 most recent spots on HF only, do:
      sh/dx/10 on hf
- to view the 10 most recent spots on VHF, do:
      sh/dx/10 on vhf
- to see only spots FROM spotters in Eu, do:
      acc/spots by_zone 14,15,16,20
- to see only spots FROM spotters in the US, do:
      acc/spots by_zone 3,4,5

etc.

The commands are quite simple. Full details on the user commands
can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/5swyv

If you have ANY questions, whatever they might be, how ever big
or small, please feel free to drop me an email.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL! :)

Simon Pearson
/// M 0 C L W

PS: M0UKC is the callsign for the 'UK Young Contesters', if
anyone was wondering. Please see QRZ.com :)