[WWYC] FN Radio booth

Stefan Pfeiffer stefan at nrcocos.de
Wed Feb 11 09:28:01 EST 2004

Hello Dom and other contributors,

Thanks for your terrific work. You wrote that document i intended to do
but did not find time for it yet.
While on many points we do agree (and also thanks to Danny for his
ideas), i want to stress that this Booth-thing is _NOT_ primarily to
raise money. Contrary, i think it will be a lossy business at least in
the beginning. It should be just for putting us more in the focus of
"the rest of the world", not for "we need club finances"...I personally
think we should try to avoid that finance topic as long as
possible...Take that booth as a gift, not as something you buy...

Booth will be paid when we can come up with a nice "appealing" concept
for a booth, and all other expenses (leflets, Posters, photocopies)
_will_ be paid, i assure you.

No one wants the nineth "just another contest club" booth with QSL
display, a DXPedition video and "look how good we are". Certainly we can
have that too. But we are outstanding because of ours members ages, and
we must do/show/offer something outstanding. Just a little bit. When
someone walks by and thinks "A new contest club, just with age limit ->
boring" then that is not what we want. In DL, the discussion about how
to get juveniles into the hobby and how to keep them in the hobby is
raging high, and i think that is where we have a strong point that we
should stress. We are not just contesters who are below a certain age by
luck, but we can help to keep young people in the hobby by showing them
the joy of contesting...And that we can part in a concept on how to make
ham radio "younger". And also the 9A summer camp can play a big role in
advertising for us...bringing young people together...in radio, but also
Eye2eye...we should advertise that camp-idea vy much to show our
activities. Some copies of the last news letters, too...

Anyway, many nice points so far, but WE NEED MORE. We need ideas on what
to do with the booth, we need people who help with some little
preparations beforehand, and finally we need people who offer to run the
booth for some (or many) hours. I cannot do it alone.

Please keep your ideas coming, in some days i will start a separate
mailing list for the people especially interested to promote the project
to stop bothering the 99% of SWLs here :-).

Vy 73 es 55 de Stefan, DL1ELY