[WWYC] Contest results microwave

Tobias Weber tobiw at suprafluid.com
Sun Jun 6 16:38:40 EDT 2004

Hi contesters,

I participated as single operator this weekend at the IARU reg. 1 microwave
contest with a small system on my balcony in JO31le. The takeoff was limited
to 0-170 degrees. For me it was the first activity on the higher bands.

23cm:

DB6NT transverter, simple DIY PA using the Mitsubishi M57762 module, unknown
24 element yagi. 0,8dB NF preamp SSB Electronic. All second hand stuff. 7W
PEP at the antenna connector. Driver FT-817.

QSOs: 32
Mid-Squares: 13
Points: 4428
DXCC: 2
ODX: 616km, OE5MKM, jn67ut

13cm:

DB6NT transverter, 3W PA SSB electronic, DIY linear coffee can feed that
points into a 55cm TV offset dish. 1dB NF preamp SSB electronic. All second
hand stuff. 2W PEP at the feed connector. Driver FT-817.

QSOs: 11
Mid-Squares:  5
Points: 683
ODX: 156km

Not much compared to what you HF guys do in a contest, but also a lot of
fun.

I hope to hear some of you on the higher bands in the future. 73 all !

Tobias
DG3YEV