[WWYC] WWYC and Dayton

Trevor Fulk n9lto at usa.net
Sun May 16 20:13:55 EDT 2004

Hey guys!
The Hamvention 2004 was great. I think there will be pictures up from KE9R
sometime tonight or tomorrow. There were a couple of other WWYC members that
Chris didn't mention: KB9UWU, K3ASK, there may be others that I missed also.

On to the comments from K3EST. As Chris mentioned, Bob Cox, K3EST came and
asked if we would nominate one of our members to serve on the CQ Contest
committee. The current members are listed here
http://www.cqww.com/members.html and are all USA, although there are DX
advisors. I volunteered at the dinner to organize our selection process, so
I would like to ask that any questions and all nominations be sent to me by
the end of this coming week (5/21). I will reply to all questions as I get
them, and if needed contact Bob Cox for answers. An e-mail will come out
next Monday with all members who have been nominated, and have accepted the
nomination. (If you are nominated, I will contact you directly to find out
if you are willing to serve as part of the committee for this year). After
that, either we will use the poll on the wwyc.net site to vote for our
representative, or we will find another method that is reasonably unbiased.
I would like to be able to send Bob a name by June 1.

This is a huge opportunity for us as a group to be a good influence on the
contesting community, as well as being able to talk to some of the best
contesters directly with questions and suggestions that might improve the
contests for greater participation by the young contesters. I can see this
leading to one of our members being asked to be on the ARRL contest advisory
board as well.

73 and hope to hear from some of you soon with nominations!

Trevor Fulk
N9YM

Ok, Ok, so I talk to much, but we need to do this right...