[WWYC] Dayton 2004, KE9R's writeup.

Greg Fox ke9r at ke9r.com
Sun May 16 23:31:33 EDT 2004

First -- the photos

- http://public.fotki.com/crvsnc/radio/dayton_2004/
- http://we4yl.com/dayton2004/

Feel free to spread that around, it's not my bandwidth to hammer.

I enjoyed myself, got to meet tons of people for the first time,
established some strong bonds, and found luck was on our side for
tons of things.

At first it seemed like the hotel situation would be a mess or we'd
be sleeping in cars, but QZ called the Crowne Plaza and found a room
that had just opened up down the hall from the SMC suite. This worked
out extremely well, we found that Crowne Plaza is the place to be.

After tons of begging AF4QZ got K1DG & N5TJ to donate tickets to us
so we could attend the Contest Dinner. I can't say enough about what
K1DG did to help us out. If he's ever on in a contest go out of your
way to work him, he really understands what we are doing and wants to
see us succeed.

Theres countless other Dayton things to mention that will have to be
told in the photos, or maybe on IRC here and there. Nonethless, it's
defintely an experience worth going to at least once in your life.

Thank you AF4QZ, K9MU, KC9FVW, K9YO, K3OOO, W7TDC, K3OO, N9YM, KB9GUM,
K9PG, KL9A, SM0W, K1DG, G3ZAY, 5B4AFM, S55OO for making this what it was.

73 Greg/KE9R
ke9r.com (Afro YO for a few days)
we4yl.com