[WWYC] CQWW SSB OT4L M/2 HP

Lieven Thomassen on4ttt at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Nov 2 08:03:36 EST 2004

CALL: OT4L
MODE: PHONE
LOCATION: @ON4IA
CLASS: Multi-operator Two Transmitters / High Power
OPERATORS: ON4TTT, ON4IA, ON6NL, ON6CC

         QSOs	       Zones	Countries
160m:    295		 10	 60
80m: 	 933		 20	 75
40m:	 861		 30	120
20m:	1104		 36	142
15m:	1666		 37	142
10m:	 805		 37	150
Totals:	5664		170	689
Points: 9.719.326

Whoohaa...this was so much fun! Worked a lot of
WWYC'ers and a lot of DX. I had almost tears in my
eyes when JA and ZL3 responded to my CQ...QSO rates
peaked at +340 Q/h while working NA. Condx where
overwhelming. I think I won't hear this in the next 10
years!
Meanwhile we almost tried to invite Murphy, but for
some strange reasons he did'nt show up??? We had no
spare transceiver, no spare power supply, no spare
power amplifier and no spare operators.
We all worked the soul out of our body with the result
that I really feel misserable after 72h of which I
slept 16h. Gee I am a LID.

Setup @ ON4IA:
Antenna's
2 X 5ele stacked yagi 10m
4ele full size yagi 20m
3ele full size yagi 40m
double deltaloop 80m
inverted L 160m
beverage + 2 EWE RX antenna's 160m
2ele Quad 15m mounted 17m high on a crane that I
borrowed from my neighbour. F/B of the quad sucked but
that was great: we worked YB0 through a NA pile.

Rig
Yeasu FT1000MP MKV Field + Legal limit PA
Kenwood TS850S + 1kW PA
2 X Heil headset

That's all folks for CQWW SSB, see u all in CQWW CW
again on the bands and #WWYC.

TU es 73 de Lieven "Lev" ON4TTT