[WWYC] M4A CQWW SSB

Dominic Smith dom at domsmith.co.uk
Tue Nov 9 07:03:11 EST 2004

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: M4A
Operator(s): DJ9AO  G3ZAY  G4AXX  G4EAG  G4JVG  G4KNO  M0BLF  M0TDG
Station: G6UW

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Cambridge, England
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  183     9       51
   80:  545    17       67
   40:  460    27      102
   20:  597    33      117
   15:  789    31      124
   10:  574    33      136
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

The Cambridge University Wireless Society (G6UW / M4A) joined forces with
the
Granta Contest Group (M0CAM / M4R) for this multi-single operation.  For
once we
were reasonably well prepared but Murphy still struck by occasionally
disconnecting our local node from the rest of the DX Cluster network.  It
was
especially hard to make full use of the multiplier station with no spots for
total of about 12 hours, including 1900 UTC on the Sunday through to the end
of
the contest.  We ought to have been able to reach 5 million points with a
constant connection.  Apart from that, we found conditions were a lot better
than expected, especially on 10m, and run rates were often quite high.
Thanks
to everyone who worked us.

Equipment (run): FT-1000MP, TL-922, TH5, Dunestar filters
Equipment (mult): FT-1000MP, Quadra, A3S, Dunestar filters
Equipment (shared): 2el 40m beam, array of 3 80m dipoles, 160m dipole.

Operators for CUWS: G3ZAY, M0BLF*, M0TDG*
For Granta Contest Group: G4AXX, G4EAG, G4JVG, G4KNO
Guest Operator: M0TAO/DJ9AO*
(* - Member of WWYC)