[WWYC] WPX @ DM2SR (SOAB-LP)

Steffen Regis dm2sr at gmx.de
Sat Apr 2 18:49:07 EST 2005

Hi everyone,

I hope you all had a good contest and much fun!
I had :)

After some bad technical problems before the beginning of RDXC, where I could not participate, the WPX was really a good thing to check the equipment and... all worked fine here.
I was very glad about the good conditions, especially on 80m and 40m (the reason, why I didin't sleep much the weekend) and the big activity. It was my first contest with my call DM2SR, and I got sometimes frustrated when I heard someone asking the sixth time "is it DM2KR?".... ok, it was late in the night, maybe I was a bit tired.
In the next year I hope to have a "real" DL or DK call.

The target for this year was 500 Qso, not reached, because of too long off time sunday morning, second target: 300,000 Points reached :)

But there were also some nice moments:
The calls of known WWYC'ers...
The fourth call from LZ9W...
the call from CN2R: "Who is the papa?" (I still don't know who his father is...)

I don't like to tell the call of them, but there are always some people (mainly DL's), who aren't in contest, talking about brainless things but with a 1,5 kW burner for +/- 20 kHz. That's hard to understand...

OK, enough of trash said, here's the result:

 Band    QSOs    Pts  WPX
   1,8      34     64   25
   3,5     127    253   95
     7      73    186   45
    14     171    295  114
    21      61    153   38
 Total     466    951  317
Score: 301.467

Total time on: 23,77 hours
Total time off: 24,23 hours

Equipment: Kenwood TS-570D; TH6DXX; Long wire (hopefully next year a Loop ant); GAP Titan DX (not used) and Heil Proset
Software: N1MM Logger CAT-Control

best 73s
Steffen Regis,
DM2SR