[WWYC] Contesting on English Wikipedia

Fabian Kurz lists at telegraphy.de
Thu Aug 11 18:19:01 EDT 2005

Gerard Lynch wrote:
> I've started a page on contesting at English Wikipedia -
> see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contesting

Great that you started it! In fact this was on my agenda too, because
the existing article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contesters is
absolutely crappy and also the article name "Contesters" is not quite
right. It should be deleted and forward to "Contesting".

> Please feel free to help expand the article (remember it
> should read like a proper encyclopedia article) or translate
> it into your language.

I will certainly make some additions to it. This is a big topic with
many facets and I am sure that this article will be a very good help
to explain non-hams what contesting is all about and maybe encourage
newcomers and non-contesting hams to give contesting a try.

Fabian Kurz, DJ1YFK * Dresden, Germany * http://fkurz.net/