[WWYC] Contesting on English Wikipedia

Simon Pearson lists+1 at attenuate.org
Sun Aug 14 12:16:30 EDT 2005

Timo OH1NOA wrote:
> Maybe this would be named as radiocontesting? Or contesting just
> used by us?

To be honest, I don't think it should really matter. Considering
there was not already an entry which existed for 'contesting' and
also considering Wikipedia is now quite well established, I don't
think one should worry.

The contesting article also belongs in the 'amateur radio' category
to make it absolutely clear, and if need be, if one wanted to create
an article with the same title they can do (i.e. by the contesting
page have two links, one to the ham radio contesting article and
another to the other subject).

Simon Pearson M0CLW
WWYC #452 | G6PZ CG