[WWYC] LID 101

Franki ON5ZO on5zo at telenet.be
Sat Dec 24 13:13:04 EST 2005

> (PS - Sorry to sound really stupid, but what exactly is a Lid / Lida?!?!?)

A "lid" is everything you don't wan't to be, thus WWYC has made it the standard...

In fact, a true "lid" is a poor operator, someone who messes things up. When someone
calls on top of a rare DX station, he's a lid. When he has a poor fist (in CW!), it's
a lid. Like the operator who sends his call three times but succeeds in sending three
different calls. Or someone who doesn't get what you're sending etc.
You can stretch the term even further, like calling someone you don't really like, a
lid.

Lately I've been called (in CW) "LID 599" numerous times, to which I consistently
answer "S56A 5NN TU"   -  I guess we can say Mario is our ÜberLid   ;o)

WWYCers call eachother lids all the time, and for our YL friends, "lida" was
introduced.

Now it wouldn't surprise me if someone replied to this posting calling me a lid
because of my liddish explanation...

73 / Happy Holidays

Franki ON5ZO