[WWYC] Last call: WWYC participation in ARRL DX phone

Franki ON5ZO on5zo at telenet.be
Sat Jul 16 14:15:33 EDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2005 12:18 AM
Subject: WWYC participation in ARRL DX phone

> Guys, I would like to hear from you all who was active in this year's ARRL DX
> *phone* (not CW) contest and what call they used, and if not yours: what station
> did you operate from and what was the setup?
>
> I'd like to "filter out" WWYC activity in the contest for a small sidebar in the
> published results.
>
> Let me know ASAP, if possible direct.
>
> 73
> Franki ON5ZO

For some reason, there has been almost NO response to my request here.
All I got is:
- 9A1P(9A1UN op.) SO15M-HP
- EA8CAC form EA8ZS station

Now, I am *sure* there are more WWYC who have submitted their log, both in EU as well
as USA! I can think of at least 3 UK lids! What about SP's? DL's?
N0AX, who is editing the write up for QST and the ARRL website, has given me the
opportunity to compile a small sidebar that presents WWYC and its activity in this
contests. I cannot do that without your input here. I only have two files containing
thousands of numbers (breakdown per band etc) and calls, and I don't feel like
verifying each call against the 600 items on the WWYC member list on the slow
website. Also, some of you might have been active using another call...

Deadline is *now* so if no one replies, I will not proceed... If you sent in your log
for the 2005 ARRL DX SSB contest: stop staring at your screen and reply you lame
lids!  ;o)

73
Franki ON5ZO
6 days away fram Hall of Shame!