[WWYC] Fwd: Re: LZ4UU's listing at qrz.com

Simon Pearson m0clw at ftml.net
Sun Jul 24 07:32:01 EDT 2005

Hey Iliya,

AA7TARD said:
> We had multiple reports of fraud associated with this
> callsign.
>
> I'll need to see some documentation before I can re-list the
> callsign.

Oh dear, oh dear.

This guy is one of those people who likes to have the final say and
makes life difficult for everyone else to make himself feel good.
Look-up AA7BQ on QRZ.com, and you'll notice two photos in his
listing. Then a comment: "First off, please don't ask me how you can
add multiple pictures to your callsign listing". Like I care.
Warning: Elitist.

The guy is well known for removing various people's callsigns from
the qrz.com 'database' in the past, not for reasons of fraud but
because these people have said bad things about qrz.com. Is that
professional? I think not.

You may want to go back to Fred and ask for proof of these fraud
reports and why they alone are enough to have your callsign removed
from the database. I'd also ask his definition of these reports of
'fraud'. What exactly does that mean? Are people accusing you of
being a pirate? I'd like to see his reponse. If he still refuses to
add you to the database, I suggest some mass mailing from as many
WWYC'ers as possible telling him to wake up, get a life, and that
you are a real ham.

In my opinion, do not do anything that involves you going out of
your way or involves you having to spend money to get listed again
on qrz.com. It's simply not worth it! And it makes him feel good.

Just my 2p's worth.

Simon A. Pearson, M0CLW