[WWYC] D4B QRT

Teemu, SM0WKA teemu at sm0wka.com
Fri Sep 30 14:41:20 EDT 2005

-------------------------

Dear Contest Community

I hereby announce the closing of the D4B contest station on Monte Verde,
Mindelo, Cape Verde Islands.

I have achieved and in some cases exceeded all my goals that I set out to do
from D4.

I am proud and honoured to have played an active part in the Ham radio
contest community for the past few years.

I appreciate all the help and advice I received from everyone and I hope I
could mean something to the people that knocked on my door for help and
advice.  By sharing information and helping each other Ham radio contesting
participation will grow every year and become more and more competitive
which is a good thing.

A competitive contest station from a place like Cabo Verde was my dream as a
young adult in the 1970's and I am glad to say I have been able to live
that dream today.  I wish each and every one of us can experience such a
dream one day.

I know this announcement leaves more questions than answers but this is
what I have decided to do after reviewing everything.

I will stay in contact with all my friends and I will follow contesting very
closely even if I am not taking part from D4 or anywhere else myself.

Good health to each and everyone of you and thanks again for all the
contacts during the many contests.
I appreciated the calls and every QSO was like a new friend I made.

Thank you

Al, D4B now QRT..