[WWYC] IOTA Contest - EU-006

Gerard Lynch gerrylynch at freenetname.co.uk
Tue Jul 25 19:13:04 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nathan Moreschi" <n4ydu at worldnet.att.net>

> Hey Lids! I'll be signing N4YDU/4 during the IOTA contest this
> weekend. I'll be operating from Ocracoke Island,  North Carolina
> (located on the southern Outer Banks). The plan is SOABLP mixed
> mode. I'll be limited to wire antennas hoisted on a 30 foot mast, but
> it should be quite a bit of fun.

Nate,

great job in making a rare multiplier available - I'll be active with the
EJ0GI crew - joint operation of the City of Belfast and South Dublin radio
clubs, hence the call - from Inisheer in the Aran Islands, EU-006.  If
you've seen the TV programme Father Ted, Craggy Island is based on Inisheer
and you see our operating site in the opening credits.

We'll be operating in the 24-hour multi-op/DXpedition sections and have
never made the top 10 in either of these but we hope that this will be our
year.

We operate from what's just about the westernmost tip of Europe so we should
be a big signal in the Outer Banks, as well as of course all over Europe.

I'll also be active a lot as EJ/G0RTN outside contest periods, mostly on CW,
hope to see as many of you as possible then!

73

Gerry G0RTN
Vanity Page at http://www.gerrylynch.co.uk
"In days of old, when ops were bold, and sidebands not invented,
The word would pass, by pounding brass, and all were well contented."