[WWYC] Help on issues around your hamradio organizations and how does it work in your country

DARC International Affairs, DL7RBI dl7rbi at gmx.de
Sat Nov 29 06:20:29 EST 2008

Hi Bostjan -

here is the result of the German televote ... No - just joking! Here's
what we in Germany have ...

73, Dennis DL7RBI

Bostjan Voncina - S55O schrieb:
> Hellow guys!
>
> I need a helping hand. We are trying to solve some problems around our
> hamradio organization (ZRS) and i need some informations from you.
>
> Can you answer the following questions:
>
> 1. a) What country are you from and what is the name of your hamradio
> organization (DARC, SARTG etc...)
>
> *DL - DARC*
>
>     b) To be a member of the country hamradio organization, can you be a
> member as a singular hamradio operator, or can only clubs be members of the
> organization ?
>
> *You can be a single member - club stations can also be members. But in order to get your QSL-cards, you have to be member of a local clubstation, as QSL-cards are only sent to clubstations ...*
>
>     c) If you know what % of hamradio operators are members in the country
> organization? (aproximately?)
>
> *We have around 75,000 individual callsigns in Germany and we are round about 44,000 members, so my guess is ... erh, something around 59%*
>

> 2. a) Do you guys have to pay every year for your licence, or use of the
> hamradio frequencies ?
>
> *Yes - but the fee is collected irregularly by the authority. Last time I had to pay like 21 EUR for 2004 and 2005 each. For 2006, 2007 and 2008 they haven't collected the fee yet ...*
>
>     b) If so, how ? (even a link or anything)
>
> *see above - they'll send us a bill which we have to pay within a month.*
>
>     c) do they plan to do something on that matter ?
>
> *right now? - No idea ...*
>

> 3. a) Do you have to be a member in your country hamradio organization ?
>
> *Not necessarily.*
>
>     b) How much is the membership per year ?
>
> *For the time being 66 EUR for adults, 24 EUR for students (etc.) up to 27 yrs of age. But they plan to rise the membership fee within the next year or so ...*
>

> 4. a ) What does your hamradio organization offer you for that money ?
>
> *QSL-service, monthly magazine CQ DL, antenna insurance, collective insurance for DARC-participants in local ham radio-events, limited legal assistance, e4all (e-mail-forwarding) and h4all (10 MB webspace for all members), information on ham radio operating abroad etc. ... I guess that is the most important ...*
>
>     b ) Do you have to pay for other things (QSL biro, magazine, .... ) ?
>
> *nope ...*
>
>     c ) If so how much ?
>

> Hope that you will take the time and do me a favour with answering to these
> questions.
>
> Please send me the feedback at bostjan.voncina at gmail.com or s55o at hamradio.si
>
> Thank you very much for your time and i hope that i'll get as many
> informations as possible.
>
> Bostjan - Ian S55O

DARC Auslandsreferat / DARC Int'l Affairs Committee
Dennis M. Haertig * DL7RBI / OZ0RBI
Heckerstrasse 31 * 34121 Kassel * Germany
Phone: +49-(0)561-766-8565
Mobile: +49-(0)163-629-0376
dl7rbi at darc.de * www.darc.de/ausland