[WWYC] HST training in Poland - some serious lids expected

Donata Gierczycka-Zbrożek sp5hnk at wp.pl
Thu Apr 9 00:18:50 PDT 2009

Hola!

There were some questions about the WWYC meeting this year... I cannot
say much about the meeting itself, but in June, in SP7, we organize a
high speed telegraphy "training camp", to give everyone a chance to
exchange info, tricks about technique and to have a few calm days to
focus on HST only. At home it is sometimes impossible. It was meant
mostly to support the national HST teams from Poland and Germany, but it
is also open to everyone.

Time frames are 4-8.06.2009. It covers the Fieldday contest and the
field station will be prepared for that time. The location is hotel
Ameliowka (www.ameliowka.pl), near Kielce, in SP7 (central Poland). For
the training we have two conference rooms, the accomodation is in **
rooms (*** standard really), full board. A half day trip is planned, as
SP7 is quite a famous touristic region in Poland.

http://www.swietokrzyskie.pl/mwo.php - only in Polish, but you can see
the photos (places worth of a visit, ordered by the name of the town).
The most interesting part might be an archeological museum Krzemionki
(www.krzemionki.pl, other languages available).

Total price for guests from outside Poland is 180 EUR (accomodation 2-3
bedded hotel rooms, conference rooms, full board, trip, preparation of
the equipment etc.). The hotel has a cafe and a pub also.

If anyone is interested, please let me know and I will forward the
application form or further info. The deadline for applications is end
of May - but the number of hotel places is limited. The hotel has also
camping houses... so it's up to you.

I wish everyone a happy Easter and lots of optimism for the coming spring.

73! hnk