[WWYC] CQ160 CW SJ2W Multi-Op HP

Mikael Larsmark mike at sm3wmv.com
Sun Jan 31 15:10:19 PST 2010

That didn't work so great...another try

                     CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: SJ2W
Operator(s): SM0W SM2LIY SM2WMV
Station: SJ2W

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Da Traesk
Operating Time (hrs): 40

Total:  QSOs = 1347  State/Prov = 47  Countries = 83  Total Score =
*1,055,860*

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

Man what a crowded band...We had a blast even though propagations were A
LOT down from last year, which made us not get as much DX as we were
hoping for. However we are rather pleased with the score and hopefully
we will be back with improved hardware until next year to give SK7DX and
SK3W a battle for top M/S in Sweden. However I doubt the propagations
will be much better next year since the sun is starting to wake up. No
daytime propagations this year...

Fun to have Teemu (SM0W) as guest operator at the station and him and
SM2LIY did most of the operating. Teemu did also get me to clean out the
sauna and after he had cleaned all the filth we did enjoy it the hour
before the contest. Now after the contest it is time for the sauna again
with a cold beer.

Worst signal of the weekend? ES9C without much competition, as many
times before. One could even see on the bandmap where he was located
because pretty much 1-2kHz on each side was clear of spots. Isn't it
time to start DQ this kind of behaviour?

We had some problems with the beverages. We have a nice set of beverages
where the longest one was 1200m and works outstanding towards middle US
but unfortunatly the 315, 330 and 5 degree beverages were broken because
of some lumberjacking had taking place in the woods. SM0W and SM2LIY did
however fix the 330 beverage so that it was atleast 350m long. So I
don't think we suffered much from this. And yes, we can clearly see that
the long beverages work better even though the experts, time to time
claim that they are too long.

Ant: 37m vertical
Amp: 4-1000A
Rig: FT1000D

Beverages
---------
580m (1900 feet) towards West Coast US (330 degrees) *half broken*
1200m (3940 feet) towards Mid US (315 degrees) *broken*
550m (1800 feet) towards East Coast US (300 degrees)
280m (1050 feet) towards South America (260 degrees)
220m (720 feet) towards EU/Africa (180 degrees)
320m (1050 feet) towards South East (130 degrees)
450m (1480 feet) towards Australia (80 degrees)
700m (2300 feet) towards Japan (45 degrees)
800m (2620 feet) towards North (5 degrees) *broken*

73 de SM2WMV (SJ2W)
http://www.sj2w.se

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/