[WWYC] 9 years old Katia RZ9UMA in WPX CW

Fabian Kurz mail at fkurz.net
Tue Jun 1 08:14:07 PDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 09:07:27AM +0300, Rolandas LY4A / 4L3A wrote:
> Yesterday Katia join to 9 years :)
>
> http://www.ly4a.com/any-news/2010/06/01/katia-rz9uma-happy-birthday-9-years/

Amazing! Seems like the RZ9UWZ club is doing a great job in training
kids in ham radio. I remember working several other very young
operators from that station in the past.

She wasn't even born when the WWYC club was founded in 1999.

Incidently I found this today, from the very opposite side of the age
spectrum: F8IL at age 102, still an active CW operator:

http://videos.tf1.fr/jt-13h/le-plus-vieux-telegraphiste-de-france-c-est-lui-5859262.html

After watching the video of RZ9UMA, I felt like an old fart, but the
F8IL video compensated it a little :-)

Fabian Kurz, DJ1YFK * Munich, Germany * http://fkurz.net/      .---.
          Learn CW Online: http://lcwo.net/                   |  |  |
                                                              | /|\ |