[WWYC] TA3/OZ1AA SOAB LP

Thomas Andersen thomas at oz1aa.com
Tue Nov 30 04:18:03 PST 2010

Hey there!

Congratulations on the great scores already posted by you guys! Way to go.

I had to change my call because the club I visited was in progress of
changing from TA3KM to YM3KM. Decided to go with TA3/OZ1AA instead.
Hopefully I can still contribute my million to the team.

I really enjoyed to work all the WWYC'ers around the world.

See you next time!

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: TA3/OZ1AA
Operator(s): OZ1AA
Station: YM3KM

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Izmir
Operating Time (hrs): 35

  160:    3     1        3
   80:   53     6       29
   40:  360    10       58
   20:  420    17       60
   15:  538    17       66
   10:   35     7       21
------------------------------

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

Thanks to the guys at the YM3KM radio club in Izmir for the use of the station!

I am currently on a cycling expedition from Denmark to Sydney:
http://www.cyclingtheglobe.com - Arriving at the radio club in Izmir on Friday
evening I didn't really know what to expect. I was quickly taken out to dinner,
enjoying some of that fantastic Turkish hospitality.

During the contest the IC-718 radio without CW filters provided a bit of a
challenge. All loud signals where found twice or even more times when tuning up
or down the bands! As if 20 and 40 were not already crowded enough...

Antennas consisted of a moxon and a dipole. The multiband dipole played well on
40 but getting through on 80 was hard and on 160 almost impossible. On the other
hand, the moxon beam up around 15 meters played well into Europe on 20 and 15.

On Saturday a number of the club members had their Ham exam and returned with
fresh or upgraded licenses. Obviously they were eager to make their first QSOs
on HF. Watching the exciting looks in their faces I was only happy to share the
station missing some hours of rate on 15 meters.

The highlight of the contest was saying hi to all the friends around the world.

CQWW CW is the best! See you next year.

A few photos at http://www.oz1aa.com

73,

Thomas OZ1AA