[WWYC] CQWW SSB SJ2W

Mikael Larsmark mike at sm3wmv.com
Mon Oct 31 14:43:49 PDT 2011

Insane contest! Except for the second half of Sunday when the polar path
closed 10/15m, we kind of experienced the optimal propagations up north
in a combination between the lowbands being quite good (40m very good)
and 10m alive for real!

Fun to work NH2T on 160m (!) and to beat the current Scandinavian record
by 50%

http://www.sj2w.se/contest/

                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: SJ2W
Operator(s): SE2T SM2LIY SM2WMV SM3JLA
Station: SJ2W

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Da Traesk
Operating Time (hrs): 48

   160:  121    11       55
    80:  319    23       90
    40: 1681    36      129
    20: 3343    39      145
    15: 1132    38      150
    10:  946    40      153
------------------------------

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

WOW, this was really a great experience. I didn't think these kind of
numbers were possible up at 64 degrees north, but with quite good amount
of sunspots and no aurora during most of the contest made it possible.
However the bands dropped out during Sunday afternoon so we ended up
running the end of the contest beaming south on the lowbands. But since
we hadn't done this previously it produced quite good rates.

This was a great combination of 10m being alive and producing the most
number of mults while the lowbands were still quite good, except for
160m. 40m was amazing during the first night.

The Swedish record was at a bit over 9 million points and we set an
optimistic goal of 10 million with 6000 qsos.

CU in CQWW CW

Check the webpage for more information,
http://www.sj2w.se/contest/

SJ2W
All bands - All modes
QSOs (with dupes) - By time

| Hr |          |
-----------------
| 00 |      145 |
| 01 |      127 |
| 02 |      152 |
| 03 |      143 |
| 04 |      182 |
| 05 |      136 |
| 06 |      138 |
| 07 |      146 |
| 08 |      159 |
| 09 |      232 |
| 10 |      224 |
| 11 |      224 |
| 12 |      155 |
| 13 |      182 |
| 14 |      153 |
| 15 |      198 |
| 16 |      211 |
| 17 |      213 |
| 18 |      142 |
| 19 |      134 |
| 20 |       99 |
| 21 |      165 |
| 22 |      157 |
| 23 |      188 |
| 00 |      183 |
| 01 |      237 |
| 02 |      206 |
| 03 |      132 |
| 04 |      106 |
| 05 |       78 |
| 06 |      166 |
| 07 |      179 |
| 08 |      145 |
| 09 |      142 |
| 10 |      124 |
| 11 |      136 |
| 12 |      200 |
| 13 |      168 |
| 14 |      176 |
| 15 |       65 |
| 16 |      154 |
| 17 |      185 |
| 18 |      136 |
| 19 |      208 |
| 20 |      117 |
| 21 |      184 |
| 22 |      140 |
| 23 |       96 |
|    |     7668 |

SJ2W - Continents
All bands - SSB
QSOs (with dupes)

|   EU   |   NA   |   SA   |   AF   |   AS   |   OC   |