[Yaesu] 1000d Problems

W2CRS@aol.com W2CRS@aol.com
Fri, 20 Dec 1996 00:08:50 -0500

     I'm so discouraged, I haven't even sent my Yaesu back to the factory.
 It's on the floor in the guest bedroom where I put it in August.   I sent it
back to Yaesu last winter because the internal antenna tuner wasn't working,
and I had a high SWR using OR bypassing the internal antenna tuner.  When I
got it back, it worked OK during a spring DX contest.  I didn't use it for
several months, and it was not plugged into an antenna or power line until
August when I set put it on the operating desk for the first time in months
(I operate mainly weak signal VHF in summer).
       I was hoping to use it for 160M DXing and for the SS contests this
fall.  The1000D is a great contesting rig, and I was 4th, North America low
power, with it in the 1995 Phone SS.
      Nope, I haven't operated 160M this fall and didn't compete in the SS
after two fourths and a third nationally the past three years.  The damn
1000D has a high SWR again whether the internal antenna tuner in in use or
bypassed.  The warrenty on the repair had run out.  Some day, I'll have some
extra money and desire and send it back to Yaesu again.
Yes, my IC706 has worked FB, too, but it's no contest rig.
Doug  W0AH

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/yaesufaq.html
Problems:  	          ke7gh@contesting.com