[Yaesu] DVS-2 Over-modulation

Bill Morris Denton bdenton@tenet.edu
Sun, 22 Dec 1996 21:31:43 -0600 (CST)

This question has been raised several times recently in this group.  I
have a new FT-990 and have the same problem.  In the 990 book it talks of
distortion in the 1000 when using DVS-2.  There is a adjustment on the
audio board on 990- for that and I would assume the 1000 would be same.
Have also heard that some models of DVS-2 have a hotter out-put due to
different chips installed by Yaesu.
Good luck.  Bill W5SB