[Yaesu] ATV modem for FT-736R

Rafael Garcia (EA4RJ) tie@bitmailer.com
Thu, 26 Dec 1996 17:08:18 +0100 (MET)

Hi all,

 I'm looking for experiences from anyone who is using the original
ATV modem for FT-736R, (model TV-736).
 I do know this modem only works in AM mode for video, but at this part of
the world (Europe), the people is using FM mode for both sound and video.

 Do you know if there is some kind of modification to change the modem to
FM video? I suppose it shouldn't have major problems to modulate video FM
(adding a varactor somewhere in the modulator stage; I have not the
TV-736 docs yet. The problem will be to build the discriminator).

 I would appreciate any kind of info.

 TIA, and happy new year 1997!

Rafael,					http://usuarios.bitmailer.com/tie
Madrid (Spain)