[Yaesu] FT1000MP RF FEEDBACK?

Steve Mutkin Steve_Mutkin@wgs.co.uk
Tue, 15 Apr 1997 13:22:49 +0100

A couple of weeks ago I wrote to the reflector detailing symptoms of
possible RF Feedback which manifested itself as my voice being
reproduced in the background on the rig's own speaker when transmitting
50 - 100 watts on SSB even into a dummy load. (It cannot be heard at low
power).

This symptom was also heard on three other rigs here in the UK.

A few respondents to the reflector also reported these symptoms, one of
whom said it could be cured by improving earthing arrangements.

I have tried the "earthing route" by to no avail.

Has anyone, who has this problem, contacted the Yaesu agent in their
country to try and obtain a explanation.

It seems that Yaesu Japan are not aware of this symptom and have been
unable to provide a solution.

If some of you out there are experiencing this "breakthrough" please
badger your Dealer/Yaesu Agent as this might produce a more positive
response and provide a solution.

Thanks

Steve
G0STV