[Yaesu] 500 hz Filter Much Difference??

GERRY SCOTT gerys@juno.com
Tue, 15 Apr 1997 23:30:31 EDT

I installed the Collins 500 hz filter in my 1000MP. I remembered to turn
it on with the menu. To me it doesn't seem to make much difference. I was
running cw in edsp at 240 hz with one 500 hz(supplied) filter. The second
filter is hardly noticeable to me if at all. The edsp has a great effect.
When I kick the dsr out I think I can hear the 2nd 500 hz filter wrking.
I know the second filter should help on agc pumping. Maybe my ears are
not just not as good as some of the guys here on the reflector. When I
had an Omni, i could distinctly hear it when i used double 500's. Of
course that rig did not have dsr however.
Opinions, advice, thoughts?
73 de gerry K1NY