[Yaesu] Yaesu Keyer Characteristics

Robert w5robert@blkbox.COM
Wed, 23 Apr 1997 23:56:17 -0500 (CDT)

>snip
> Well, it turns out that there IS a difference between these radios
> ("like Curtis A versus Curtis B", said the Yaesu guy, "and no, you
> cannot make them identical by modifying any switches, settings, etc.").
>
> Bill  KF2ON

Sadly talking with the rig vendor - They do not understand there
are TWO types!!  My built in keyer on my Yaesu 1000 is useless to
me because it is the wrong type.  WE know the ROM programmers in JA
could make the other type for us, if sales would allow it.  Being
able to pick the Curtis A or B type keying should be a must for any
internal keyer.
--
73 Robert  W5AJ  w5robert@blkbox.com