[Yaesu] FT-1000MP Keyer

Thomas L. Doligalski TOM@aro-emh1.army.mil
Sun, 31 Aug 1997 18:30:03 -0400

I've played with the MP keyer off and on for the last year or so (normally
use an external keyer). I've noticed the following: I can set up dot and
dash weighting, and all is OK. However, if I now go to the FH-1 to send a
preprogrammed messge the dot and dash weighting are returned to their
factory settings. However, if at this point I go into the menu, the dot and
dash settings look like what I program: if I adjust one of them (say up a
little and then back down) everything is back to my custom settings.
Furthermore, at this point using the FH-1 will no longer send my custom
settings to the bit bucket, and all is well until I turn off the MP.

Any ideas? The factory weighting just seems too short at high speeds for
me!

73, Tom N9CGD