[Yaesu] RX Antenna

William P. Osborne wosborne@utdallas.edu
Mon, 22 Dec 1997 21:25:48 +0000

Roger Cook wrote:

> William P. Osborne wrote:
> >
> > If I use a beverage with my 1000MP and connect it to the RX antenna
> > input do I need to worry about burning up the mp receiver douring TX?
> >
> > Thanks for the help...Bill, K5ZQ
> >
> > --
> > FAQ on WWW:               http://www.qsl.net/k7on/yaesu.html
> > Submissions:              yaesu@contesting.com
> > Administrative requests:  yaesu-REQUEST@contesting.com
> > Problems:                 owner-yaesu@contesting.com
> > Search:                   http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search.htm
> You will burn it up, I have done it , You will need to have a relay
> controlled by your amp relay circuit to send signal to ground, it may
> work ok if you never run power but an amp will kill the front end.
> We did this 2 times" 2 different contests, 2 different rigs in a
> contest. Sure does away with QSK though, if you find a better way
> let us know.
> 73 Roger, KO4O

Roger, it seems that the RX Input relay can be controlled by the same
T/R voltage that switches the relay for the external amplifier and that
this will protect the RX front-end.  See drawing of RF Unit and item 21
page 20 manual.  I assume this means no QSK with external RX antenna, if
this works at all, wonder if anyone has tried this? I talked to Yaesu
USA Tech Service but they did not seem to understrand the question.

Bill, K5ZQ