[Yaesu] Timewave DSP With FT-990 - How To?

William M. Bickley wbickle@ix.netcom.com
Wed, 24 Dec 1997 08:47:13 -0500

Could someone help me translate the pin-out requirements for the
Timewave DSP-599zx?

The DIN jack on the back of the DSP needs "PTT In" and "PTT Out"
signals, according to the Timewave manual.  The simpler set-up in their
manual, using only a phono plug, picks up a "PTT Out" signal from the
back of the radio.

My FT-990 manual shows several jacks on the back of the rig with a "PTT"
pin-out:

Pin 6 on Remote (not currently in use)
Pin 3 on DVS-2 (not currently in use)
Pin 3 on RTTY (in use with my PK232-MBX)
Pin 3 on Packet (in use with my PK232-MBX)

I don't understand the In/Out differentiation for the PTT signal
apparently required by Timewave.  Can I simply use any of the "PTT" pins
shown in Yaesu's manual?

Any advice and recommendations would be appreciated.

Bill W2ET