[Yaesu] FT50 & battery drainage

John Lane lanej@provide.net
Tue, 30 Dec 1997 10:24:43 -0500

I haven't had this problem with the FT-50 or the FT-470.  I have had a set
of alkaline batteries in my FT-50 for the past 6 months with intermittent
use and they are still good.  It should be generally recognized that
Ni-Cad's have a high self discharge rate which deteriotrates with age/use of
the pack.  Unless the pack is new, most packs I have used will self
discharge on the shelf in about a month.  W8KX