[Yaesu] FT-990 Noise "Blanker"?

KB0VCC kb0vcc@hotmail.com
Tue, 11 Feb 1997 10:32:47 -0800 (PST)

  Hi everyone,

  Anyone know what purpose the NB on the FT-990 serves?
  I know, the manual says it reduces "pulse noise".  Ok,
  entering from where?  The front end?  DC input?  I have
  LOTS of "pulse noise" in the air at my QTH.  My NB
  appears to do nada to correct the problem.  There is
  absolutely NO difference with it on or off, nor does
  the level make any difference.  The manual warns that
  adjusting the level too high could distort SSB reception.
  Well, mine doesn't even do that.  Could this mean the NB
  isn't working?  Just what type of "pulse noise" is this
  circuit supposed to reduce?

  Tnx es 73
   -Dale

 Dale Anderson,  KB0VCC           Fort Collins, Colorado
 QRP-L #91 / CQC #251                    Grid Sq: DN70LM