[Yaesu] I need mod info for using DVS2 with the 1000MP

Tyler G Stewart k3mm@erols.com
Thu, 27 Feb 1997 23:30:16 +0000

Bill Morris Denton wrote:

> Do the DVS-2's actually work? I've heard nothing but bad news about those
> things. I have one and a new 990.  Same problem.  It sounds terrible on
> the speaker and I understand it doesn't sound much better on air.  Since
> my 990 is new. Is this something that's covered under warranty? I Put the
> resistor mod that I saw on this list in the DVS-2.  All it did was reduce
> the audio out put of the DVS-2 some.  I'm told that it doesn't have as
> much punch as my mic.
>
> Bill Denton W5SB
>
> On Thu, 27 Feb 1997, Tyler G Stewart wrote:
>
> > If you have this, please send it!  Thanks!  Tyler K3MM
> > (Mod is related to distorted mic audio)
> >
> > --
> > FAQ on WWW:               http://www.primenet.com/~ke7gh/yaesu.html
> > Submissions:              yaesu@contesting.com
> > Administrative requests:  yaesu-REQUEST@contesting.com
> > Problems:                 owner-yaesu@contesting.com

The problem I'm having is with the input, not the output of the DVS2.
There is no problem with the output level as far as I can tell.

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.primenet.com/~ke7gh/yaesu.html