[Yaesu] FT-1000MP CW Delay (ANSWER)

Jeffrey Maass jmaass@freenet.columbus.oh.us
Mon, 30 Jun 1997 21:52:06 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks to all who responded to my request, including: AA4NU, W7GG, K3MM,
and NO9Z.

The FT-1000MP menu item used to set the CW delay is 7-5, and is adjustable
from 0.00 seconds (default) to 5.1 seconds. Enabling the QSK defeats this
setting, should you want to switch to QSK.

I found the 7-5 setting of 0.24 seconds to be close to perfect for me for
typical operation, and it keeps the Alpha's relay from chattering (I know,
it won't hurt it, but it's distracting for me!).

73,

Jeff Maass       (jmaass@freenet.columbus.oh.us)      Amateur Radio K8ND
      USPSA/IPSC # L-1192   NROI/CRO          NW of Columbus Ohio
      25000 Members in 2000!