[Yaesu] FT-1000MP and DVS-2
Wed, 23 Jul 1997 12:01:15 +0300
That's true: it's a design problem cured by Yaesu as follows:
1. On the transceiver AF unit: change the R-3161 chip resistor
from 1K to 4.7K ( for the "D" ); for the "MP" you have to find
the similar resistor.
2. On the DVS-2 unit :
* on the top side of the board make an etch cut between C-1003
and Molex connector J-1001 ( it's a very tight space ).
* connect a 5.6K resistor from C-1003 nearest end to J-1001
* on the bottom side of the board, make an etch cut on the
trace placed at abt 1'' from the upper/rigt side of the J-1001
* add a 5.6K resistor across the etch cut you just made.
* add a 5.6K resistor from the J-1001/Pin 5 to the nearest
* add a 5.6K resistor from J-1001/Pin 6 to the nearest ground
If you have a fax, I can send you the drawing. I'm looking
myself for the DVS-2 schematic diagram and wiring.
73 de Morel, 4X1AD
Tyler Stewart wrote:
> Bob Thacker wrote:
> > Just got my second DVS-2. Both units seem to overdrive the MP, almost
> > like the ALC doesnt work. It crackles and distorts on voice peaks. The
> > MD100A8X does no such thing, nor does the stock mike. Anyone have
> > similar experiences? A call to Yaesu technical department mentioned that
> > there could be a problem in the interface inside the MP.
> > Thanks,
> > Bob
> > K3GT
> That is an engineering defect. As far as I've heard, they all do
> that. There is a mod available from Yaesu that should improve things,
> but I dont think it's a complete cure. Instead of curing the problem in
> the MP, they decided to modify the DVS2. It's addressed in Application
> Note AN-94907 from Yaesu. I never did the mod, so I dont know if it
> really cures it or not as I decided to sell it to a 990 user instead.
> 73, Tyler K3MM
FAQ on WWW: http://www.qsl.net/k7on/yaesu.html
Administrative requests: yaesu-REQUEST@contesting.com