[Yaesu] FT-1000MP and DVS-2

morel grunberg morel@shani.net
Wed, 23 Jul 1997 12:01:15 +0300

That's true: it's a design problem cured by Yaesu as follows:

1. On the transceiver AF unit: change the R-3161 chip resistor
   from 1K to 4.7K ( for the "D" ); for the "MP" you have to find
   the similar resistor.

2. On the DVS-2 unit :

   * on the top side of the board make an etch cut between C-1003
     and Molex connector J-1001 ( it's a very tight space ).
   * connect a 5.6K resistor from C-1003 nearest end to J-1001
     pin 6.
   * on the bottom side of the board, make an etch cut on the
     trace placed at abt 1'' from the upper/rigt side of the J-1001
     solded pins.
   * add a 5.6K resistor across the etch cut you just made.
   * add a 5.6K resistor from the J-1001/Pin 5 to the nearest
     ground trace.
   * add a 5.6K resistor from J-1001/Pin 6 to the nearest ground
     trace.

If you have a fax, I can send you the drawing. I'm looking
myself for the DVS-2 schematic diagram and wiring.

73 de Morel, 4X1AD