[Yaesu] FT-920 Bugs? (long)

Mark A. Downing wm7d@wm7d.net
Tue, 17 Jun 1997 19:17:41 -0700

At 06:01 PM 6/17/97 -0600, James Cullum wrote:
>Anyhow, the main problem I am having is with the Noise Blanker.
>Turning the Noise Blanker (NB) on brings in a great deal of
>hiss/fuzz in the headphones or speaker.  Also, signals on the

The noise blanker problem is crosstalk between the noise blanker and the
audio monitor. There is a fix, but Yaesu has asked me to refer all requests
to them. A temporary fix it to turn the audio monitor gain fully counter
clockwise, and the hiss should go away.

I have written a brief review of my thoughts on the radio.... I have
experienced some of your problems/concerns, but I think the radio is sound.

--Mark (WM7D)

Get the review at http://www.wm7d.net/