[Yaesu] Seeking comments regarding FT-8000

Daniel Senie dts@senie.com
Mon, 12 May 1997 12:32:52 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 12 May 1997, Mitchell Carson wrote:

> I'm currently shopping around for a new dual-band mobile and
> the Yaesu FT-8000 has caught my eye.  With the wide-band
> receive capabilities this unit has, I wonder how susceptible
> to intermod it may be.  Does anyone have any comments (good
> or bad) they would like to share regarding this unit?

I haven't looked at this unit up close, but did just catch an advert for
the FT-8100 which is the same as the 8000 but with a detachable/remote
faceplate. I guess they had to do this now that they're discontinuing the
5200.

Dan N1JEB