[Yaesu] 757 Manufacture Date Question

Mary-Frances R. Bartels ki0dz@juno.com
Sat, 17 May 1997 21:24:09 MST

Howdy,
   Nearly a year ago I acquired an FT-757GX and FC-757AT (auto antenna
tuner).  The previous owner had used the rig for 7-10 years (he wasn't
sure how long).  I have reason to believe that I am probably this rig's
third owner.  Yes, it works fine as far as I can tell.
   Now, onto my question.  When I acquired it I wanted to discover its
age.  I wrote to Yaesu and never received a response.  On the off chance
that there is some "magic formula" in the serial numbers that someone in
this group can decipher, I thought I'd ask.  The serial number of the rig
itself is 40 070602.  The number on the back of the tuner is more
difficult to read.  It might be 4C 040047, but I am unsure of the second
and third characters.
   Any ideas?  Thanks for any info you can provide.
                                                       73,
                                                       Mary-Frances

Mary-Frances R. Bartels                         (((#)))     ^     ^
Amateur Radio Callsign: KI0DZ  DM79lt Denver, CO   |         ^ - ^
Coming Soon: Web Page Prod. and Publishing      -------      (o o)
Ind. Rep. of Watkins products #92389            |ooOoo|    >{  |  }<
(303) 428-5884   ki0dz@juno.com                 -------        "  RRR )*