[Yaesu] Need some help on interfacing to CAT I/O on FT-1000

Chris Victor cvictor@hooked.net
Fri, 14 Nov 1997 16:55:08 -0800

Hi Fellow Yaesu clan,

I'm trying to interface my CT program to the FT-1000. I purchased a
RS-232 to TTL converter assembly for a Kenwood radio and have had the
wiring changed to match Yaesu's CAT interface specs.

I see data leaving the PC, being converted by the MAX231 chip and going
out as TTL to the SERIAL IN of the CAT interface, but for what ever
reason, there is no reply from the CAT interface back to the PC.

The levels look good from the Yaesu and thru the MAX231 back to RS-232
levels, but still no answer when the CT logging program does any sort of
query.

And yes, I have checked to make shure that it's at 4800 Baud, 2 stop
bits, No parity.

Does anybody have a schematic that I can double check the FIF-232
converter wiring against my wiring??
In particular Pin #1 on the CAT interface = Ground, Pin #2 is Serial
Out, Pin #3 Serial In??????

Thanks for your help.

Chris WA6SUY