[Yaesu] VX-1R Cross Band poll

Jim McGhee jmcghee@cyberramp.net
Wed, 01 Oct 1997 20:49:30 -0500

Hi again,
A couple of people have asked how to get the VX-1R to recieve on one
band and xmit on another.
It works just like 'Independent Tx/Rx Frequency Storage ("Odd Splits")'
on page 32 of the manual.
Store the receive freq as normal with NO offset.
Change bands and locate the xmit freq with no offset.
Hold Fw for one second, use the knob to change to the same memory, but
this time hold in the xmit button while you press the Fw again.  This
tells it you are storing an xmit freq.
If it worked, you will hear the same beep you hear when storing a normal
freq/offset and when you go to that memory you will see both the + and -
to indicate it is an 'Odd Split'.

So far, all I know is that it doesn't work on A101 and does work on
A105.  Please let me know if you can contridict this.
Also, please let me know about other revision levels and if it works on
them.

Thanks,
Jim McGhee   N5FZT