[Yaesu] FT1000/FT1000D/FT1000MP Software - Soft990

WD8ARZ wd8arz@null.net
Mon, 13 Oct 1997 07:51:32 -0400

Jim, I understand that there are three FT1000 models, with different
upgrade levals for all of them. I have a handle on the difference's with
the FT1000D and the MP.......but I have no idea what the situation is for
the plain FT1000. Can you shed some light on this?

I know that software that will run on the MP will not on the D and visa
versa. Some software will handle the differences and support both. I dont
have the D model so can not vouch for the SOFT990 with it. I suggest either
going to the home page listed below and dropping the author a message about
FT1000 support, or download the software and give it a test.

Please pass on your results to the rest of the group on the reflector here.
Thank you for your inquiry and good luck on your quest.

73 from Bill Stamps - WD8ARZ
----------
> From: Jim Sutton <jsutton@erols.com>
> To: WD8ARZ <wd8arz@null.net>
> Subject: Re: [Ham-Software] FT1000MP supported by SOFT990 Radio
ControlSoftware
> Date: Sunday, October 12, 1997 1:46 PM
>
> Is there any chance for software for the FT1000 - not the MP model?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jim/AC4CZ
>
> At 09:28 AM 10/12/97 -0400, you wrote:
>I am pleased to be asked to announce the availability of a new version of
>SOFT990 that also supports the FT1000MP. Version 4.39 is the last Dos
based
>version to be released. This software is by Laurent Labourie F6DEX who is
>located in Marcq en Baroeul in the North of France near Lille and the
>Belgium border. In his latest email he states:
>
>"Hello Bill
>I upload now on Internet the the last version of Soft990 for MS-DOS
(4.39).
>You can now share the software but the 4.39 as preference to the 4.38. I
>give you the honour to make an announcement on the Yaesu mailing List.
>
>Best 73 and thank you for the tests - 73 Laurent F6DEX"
>
>SOFT990 is a freeware designed for the transceiver YAESU FT-990
>Running also with FT-840, FT-890, FT-900, FT-920 and now NEW for the
>FT1000MP
>
>Features include: Dos, EGA/VGA, Full monitoring, Broadcast listening
>module, TNC and DX-Cluster operation, Band scope, Channel information,
>Simulation of two transceivers, Mini logbook compatible with Log-EQF,
>Signal analysis, and menu driven. Will run on a xt computer and up!
>
>Download from: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/f6dex/#soft990
>
>It has been a Honour to test this software and I am looking forward to the
>future Windows 95 release.
>
>Thanks Laurent for sharing your talents and software with the Radio
Amateur