[Yaesu] FT-1000MP vs FT-920

Masayuki Uchida muchida@postman.riken.go.jp
Thu, 4 Sep 1997 18:20:35 +0900 (JST)

Which is your choice, FT-1000MP or FT-920 ?

I'm Japanese radio amateur and sometimes on the air from Pacific
islands for DXpedition and M/M contesting.

Now I'm considering to purchase FT-1000MP or FT-920.   I know,
FT-1000MP is excellent radio, but expensive.   On the contrary,
FT-920 is cheaper, then I can go to Pacific one time more by
the cost difference between 1000MP and 920.   But I do not know
whether FT-920's perforance is enough or not.   Especially, the
perforance in the M/M operating condition is important.

#M/M: multi-operator/multi-transmitter

Please advise your recommendation.
--
73 Masa JO2AJT / WH2O muchida@postman.riken.go.jp