[Yaesu] FT8100R Receiver Stage going?

Mills, Chuck millscl@msx.upmc.edu
Mon, 13 Apr 1998 10:44:48 -0400

One friend tells me it sounds like the pin diode burned out in the rig.
It is supposed to act an an antenna switch but doesn't do as well as a
"real" antenna switch.  This guy builds repeaters in his sleep and
repairs RF equipment so he hopefully knows what he's talking about.

The strongest smell of components burning was at the back of the rig,
near the antenna feed point.  I'm not turned off to Yaesu yet, but yours
is not the first
story of displeasure that I've heard.

Chuck / W3YNI